Articuno (Japanese: フリーザー Freezer) is a dual-type Ice/Flying Legendary Pokémon introduced in Generation I.
Articuno has the ID number 274 in Pokémon Duel.
It is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokémon.
|Base Wheel Size||Name||Move Type||Move Effect||Damage|
|16||Roost||Blue||This Pokémon recovers from all status effects. In exchange, it must then Wait 3.|
|20||Ice Charge||Purple||Attach a Charge Marker to this Pokémon. (Charge Markers can be removed during your turn when a battle starts.) When you remove the Charge Marker, the opposing Pokémon will become Frozen, along with any Pokémon in the same row (excluding this one), and the turn will end.||☆☆|
Ability description and explanation:
"Soar - This Pokémon can fly over Pokémon that don't have Soar using an MP Move"
- Damage wise, Articuno is the weaker of the three legendary birds, but its purple move is probably the strongest. Freezing multiple figures at once can be a game changer. Press Activate Ability on the beginning of your turn to use this move after it landed. You can choose to use this effect any time you want as long as the marker is still on Articuno. It freezes every figure connected to the one it was used on, except itself.
- When you have removed the charge marker from your figure. Do not approach Vibrava or any other figure with an ability that stops you from attacking.
- You can safely buy this figure with materials if it fits your strategy.
- Cold Rush and Ice Charge is the moves you want to focus on when leveling up, depending on your playstyle. Ice Charge gives great board control.
- This figure is fairly strong against both burn and paralyze, but confuse may become a problem.
- A good plate to combine with this Pokémon is the Tropical Energy plate. X Attack and Counter Attack could become very useful as well.