Dragonite (Japanese: カイリュー Kairyu) is a dual-type Dragon/Flying pseudo-legendary Pokémon introduced in Generation I.
Dragonite has the ID number 281 in Pokémon Duel.
|Base Wheel Size||Name||Move Type||Move Effect||Damage|
|28||Sightseeing||Purple||This Pokémon jumps over the battle opponent and lands 1-2 steps away, then gains Wait.||☆|
|28||Dragon Tail||White||Benches your battle opponent (except when opponent has fainted). Your battle opponent must then Wait.||90|
Ability description and explanation:
"Speed Booster - When this Pokémon evolves, it will gain +1 MP"
- Evolve from Dragonair to gain 1 MP.
- Dragonite has gone through a lot of controversy due to being a weak EX in comparison to many other figures, but in the defence of the developers, Dragonite is not a legendary Pokémon and should be treated as such. Ironically, Dragonite isn't even weak. Its movement is a drawback and it relies on evolving from Dragonair to fix that, so generally you won't run Dragonite without evolving into it. Even without the evolution, Dragonite has a 90 benching attack, a huge gold attack and can fly 1-2 steps away if it spins the purple. This is a well balanced, strong figure.
- Dragonite is a good figure to use if you have blocked the opponents entry points and need something to clear the board with.
- Watch out for burn, paralyze and confusion.
- Level up the move that best fits your playstyle. Sightseeing is recommended if you aim to advance fast, but it can be a liability. Dragon Tail for high damage and easy benching.
- Dragonite will benefit from Tropical Energy.